Population - Estimated resident population 1996–2013
Year is at 30 June.
The estimated resident population of each ethnic group at 30 June in the census year is based on the census usually resident population counts updated for:
- non-response to the census ethnicity question
- net census undercount (as measured by a post-enumeration survey)
- residents temporarily overseas on census night
- births, deaths and net migration between census night and 30 June
- reconciliation with demographic estimates at the youngest ages.
The estimated resident population is not directly comparable with the census usually resident population count because of these adjustments.
For more detailed information about the methods used to calculate each base population, see DataInfo+ Demographic estimates.
Individual figures may not sum to stated totals due to rounding.
Data provided by
Estimates and Projections: Subnational population by ethnic group, age, and sex, at 30 June 1996-2013
How to find the data
http://nzdotstat.stats.govt.nz/ > Population estimates > Estimated Resident population (ERP), subnational population by ethnic group, age, and sex, at 30 June 1996, 2001, 2006, and 2013
Import & extraction details
From the dataset Estimates and Projections: Subnational population by ethnic group, age, and sex, at 30 June 1996-2013, this data was extracted:
- Rows: 2-33,121
- Column: 6
- Provided: 33,120 data points
Dataset originally released on:
October 27, 2014