Not in the labour force: any person in the working-age population who is neither employed nor unemployed. For example, this residual category includes people who:
- are retired
- have personal or family responsibilities such as unpaid housework and childcare
- attend educational institutions
- are permanently unable to work due to physical or mental disabilities,
- were temporarily unavailable for work in the survey reference week
- are not actively seeking work.
At URL provided, select 'Work income and spending > Household Labour Force Survey - HLF > Not in LF by Sex by Main Activity (Qrtly-Mar/Jun/Sep/Dec)'. To create this dataset, all variables were selected.
From the dataset Household Labour Force Survey: Not in Labour Force by Sex by Main Activity (Quarterly) June 2022, this data was extracted:
Provided: 825 data points
Dataset originally released on:
August 03, 2022
Purpose of collection
The primary purpose of the survey is to estimate the number of people employed, unemployed, and not in the labour force (NILF), and from them, the unemployment rate for the New Zealand labour market. The Household Labour Force Survey (HLFS) is designed to produce statistics at the family level, and use of the survey for a purpose for which it was not designed is inevitably subject to some limitations.